Hormones are regulatory chemicals that are produced in the body and transported in tissue fluid to stimulate particular cells into action. They have an important role to play where the body and its response to stimulation works.
Growth hormones (GH) are produced by pituitary gland cells. This is a small gland which is found in the brain. The growth hormone begins developing in the womb and grows throughout life at a reduced rate. However, there are instances when growth hormones need a bit of a boost. In this case, an individual with decreased GH may be advised to purchase legit HGH Somatropin.
Secretion of the growth hormone is increased by the following:
- The growth hormone releasing hormone(GHRH) which is released by a part of the brain known as the hypothalamus.
- High protein food
- A hormone produced in the gut known as ghrelin.
Secretion of this hormone is reduced by the following:
- This is a hormone produced by the fat cells which alerts the hypothalamus that it is full.
- Too much glucocorticoid.
- Somatostatin which is released by the hypothalamus.
- IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor).
- Beta-2-adrenergic receptor activation which is stimulated during stressful times by the hormones as well as by some drugs.
Metabolic Effects of GH
The growth hormone assists in the following ways:
- Increases the breakdown of stored fat and helps propel the use of the broken down fat into energy.
- GH opposes the movement of sugar from the blood into the cells.
- It helps retain sodium, phosphate, and water in the body.
- It stimulates the production of proteins resulting in muscle growth.
Growth Hormone is used to Manage Obesity
One common factor obese individuals have in common is low levels of the growth hormone. This is how GH works on obesity thus bring down the weight:
- GH acts on two enzymes to reduce obesity. These enzymes control the breakdown of triglycerides into free fatty acids. This process is known as lipolysis.
- GH hinders LPL which is responsible for controlling the increase of triglycerides in the fatty tissue. LPL further breaks down the triglycerides to release free fatty acids which are then scooped up by the fat cells.
- It also aids the body in using free fatty acids as a source of energy. Additionally, it helps bring down the uses of sugar and protein for energy.
- The growth hormone aids in breaking down stored triglycerides into free fatty acids and glycerol which allows the use of the FFAs (Free Fatty Acids) to be used as fuel in other parts of the body.
- This hormone also has a direct impact on the number of fat cells as well as the maturity of the same.
- The growth hormone inhibits muscle breakdown during fasting. When the intake of calories is reduced to very low levels, GH allows for the use of fat for energy instead of sugar or proteins.
While the jury is still out of the effectiveness of the growth hormone in controlling obesity, it does no harm to opt for GH if you want to lose weight as long as you will follow the advice and guidelines you will be given the health provider just as you would with any other weight loss method.