If you are planning to buy health insurance, and feel confused seeing the sheer number of options available, here’s a consolidated list of best health insurance companies in India.
Cigna TTK provides comprehensive insurance coverage with attractive benefits at an affordable premium.
- Pre-hospitalization cover of 60 days and post-hospitalization cover for 180 days
- Comprehensive day-care cover that covers specific treatments including dialysis, cataract, radiation, etc
- Emergency ambulance cover
- Comprehensive routine check-up coverage for the insured.
- Maternity expenses coverage
- Worldwide emergency cover
- Option of voluntary co-payment
- Free look period of 15 days from policy commencement. During this period, a policyholder can cancel the plan by stating a legitimate reason. If no claims are filed, the paid premium will be refunded
- Grace period of one month for policy renewal
- Additional discounts such as reward points for being healthy, and long-term discounts on choosing 2 or 3-year policy terms
- Lifetime renewal option
Max Bupa Health Insurance
Max Bupa provides comprehensive and affordable health insurance, especially for individuals and nuclear families.
- Offers 3 variants with different levels of sums insured and premiums to cater to the varying needs of different insurance buyers
- Covers inpatient hospitalization, as well as pre- and post-hospitalization charges
- Coverage for day-care treatment
- Alternative treatments such as AYUSH are also covered
- Pre-existing disease coverage for two years
- Offers refill benefits in case you exhaust your base insured amount
- No claim bonus of 20% up to 100% of the base amount offered for every claim-free year
- Free annual health check-up
- Claims processed in-house, with no TPA involvement
- No sub-limits
Apollo Munich Health Insurance
Apollo Munich health insurance has a large network of more than 4000 hospitals for cashless treatment.
- Wider coverage for the proposer’s spouse, dependent children and parents.
- Provides in-patient coverage as well as pre- and post-hospitalization cover of 60 and 180 days respectively
- Coverage for 144 day-care procedures
- Domiciliary treatment covered
- Offers multiplier benefit of 50 to 100% for each claim-free year.
As far as health insurance plans go, very few offer the value for money that Religare Care does.
- With coverage for day care procedures, room rent, ICU charges, Ambulance charges, domiciliary expenses, pre-and-post-hospitalization expenses, annual check-ups, and even second opinions, the plan practically covers all your entire healthcare requirements
- No sub-limits
- Offers a no-claim bonus of 50% of the sum insured for every claim free year.
- No upper age limit for enrolment
- Offers lifelong renewability
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard
Offering well-balanced policy, Bajaj Allianz has the highest claim settlement ratio.
- Comprehensive hospitalization cover
- Offers coverage against pre and post hospitalization expenses that includes consultations, medicines, investigations, etc. related to the illness of policyholder
- Covers over 130-day care procedures that do not require hospitalization
- Cashless hospitalization facilities can be availed at over 4000 network hospitals
- No medical test is required
- Emergency ambulance charges are covered
Hope the article has helped you clear your confusion and enabled you to choose the plan that best fits your preferences. Know more about Cigna TTK plans here.