Back pain, arthritic knees, sports injuries and stiff neck muscles are some of the musculoskeletal conditions which have a terrible impact on the health of the people. If you want to diagnose the problem, then you will be in need of the orthopedic surgeon. They are going to advise with available treatment options. If looking for an orthopedic surgeon in Singapore then check out the one who is having proper experience and knowledge.
What Is Orthopedic Surgeon?
You can consider orthopedic surgeon as the devoted physician who will adequately diagnose, prevent injury and treat the patient. They will guide you from the problem faced in the musculoskeletal system. The system will include tendons, nerve, ligaments, muscles, and bones.
An orthopedic surgeon is familiar with all the problems of the musculoskeletal system. There are some of the orthopedic who are specialized in their like elbow, shoulder, spine, knee, and hip. They can also choose to focus on specific areas like trauma, reconstructive surgery, sports medicine, and pediatrics.
Treatment Of Orthopedic Surgeon
They are going to treat people of all the ages whether the patient is a newborn baby or elderly. The person who is suffering from the problem of joint disorders, tears of ligaments and tendons in any region of the body. The physician will treat the patient with the musculoskeletal difficulties through surgery, exercise, medication and alternative therapies. In a severe situation, one can even go through the surgical treatment. Some of the procedures included are:
- Back pain, sciatica, and ruptured discs.
- Torn ligaments, strains, and sprains.
These are some of the problems which are treated by the orthopedic surgeon. When going for the treatment, one should look that he should be experienced, qualified and knowledgeable. These things are must to ensure because it will make your surgery successful.
What Are Different Types Of Surgeries Performed By Orthopedic Surgeon?
When you are looking for an orthopedic surgeon in Singapore, one should know about different surgeries which are performed by them. Common surgeries include:
- Fusion: it is a welding process in which the bones are connected with the bone grafts. There are some of the devices used like metal rods to tackle the problem.
- Soft tissue repair: the physician can also mend the soft tissue which includes ligaments and tendons.
- Replacement of joints: when there is damage in the joints or arthritic than it is removed. It is replaced with the artificial process. The whole process is known as a prosthesis.
- Arthroscopy: it is the process in which specialized equipment and cameras are used to visualize all the things. You can treat and diagnose within the joint.
We have mentioned some of the surgeries which are performed by the orthopedic surgeon. You can check them out. In brief, we have guided all the facts related to the physician. The only thing to consider is that you should concern with the qualified and knowledgeable person who can treat you appropriately.