One of the most important things you need to remember about liposuction is that your experience can greatly differ from that of someone else. Every single individual will have his/her own recovery response and pain tolerance. At the same time, different procedure characteristics will influence recovery. This does include what liposuction technique was used, anesthesia, the location of treated areas, number of treaded areas and how much fat was removed.
Fortunately, although it is really hard to fully assess how long it will take to recover from liposuction, there are things that can help you to recover faster. The advice presented by agelessandbeautiful.com below will surely aid recover in the shortest possible timeframe.
The most important things you should always remember are the ones listed below but be sure you keep talking with your surgeon for more advice.
- Follow All Surgeon Instructions – The surgeon will give you some post-procedure instructions that you do need to always follow. This is by far the most important thing that has to happen during recovery. Follow-up appointments may be necessary.
- No Blood Thinning Drugs – Using different drugs like aspirin or ibuprofen will be tempting because of what they do. These drugs are often taken to decrease swelling or bleeding but they do not actually help. At the same time, you need to avoid cigarettes, alcohol and caffeine.
- Rest – Just as with all the other surgeries, rest is a vital ingredient needed by your body to properly and timely heal. It is always a good idea to be sure you have several weeks free following the liposuction. This allows you to get a lot of relaxation and rest. Plenty of sleep is actually always recommended by the surgeon.
- Hydration – Always drink as much water as the body needs after liposuctions. Proper hydration is necessary to help the body to quickly heal.
- Dieting – When you want to heal you need special nutrition. After the liposuction, your diet has to include all needed ingredients. Also, you have to limit consumption of saturated fats, salts and sugars. The best foods that help recover after liposuctions are berries, salmon and green tea.
- Apples And Pineapples – You can actually speed up your liposuction recovery if you eat pineapples and apples. This is due to the fact that these fruits have high quantities of quercetin and bromelain. Both have strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Light Working Out – Patients need to always refrain from the highly intensive exercises during initial weeks after liposuctions but light exercising is allowed. This includes things like short walks. That will help the body recover faster. If the physician offers some specific guidance about working out, do take that into account!
- Aromatherapy – This can help a lot as depression can appear during liposuction recovery. If this is your case, aromatherapy will help you to lift your mood.
- Compression Garments – These can be quite uncomfortable in many situations but they are pretty good at helping you recover following the liposuction procedure. Most doctors now recommend them to reduce discomfort and pain while also aiding to protect the incision sites and fluid drainage.